Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bizarre Dream

Today, I had a very bizarre dream. It went along like this:


I was chasing someone and I got hit something big and solid. I fell to the ground. I tried to get up but I could no longer do it. Suddenly I am watching my family members and friends become sad about my death. I tried to touch them. Yes, I could touch them. But they could not see me, nor feel me. I tried talking to them, but they had no reaction. Suddenly I was hit by a sudden realization. I only lived for 24 years...and that is all of it. I watched sadly at my neighbors and friends while thinking that they still all have a chance to grow old and live for more than the 24 years I've lived. And the dream shifted to another one.

This dream left me a feeling of total sadness and at the same time, relief and happiness. I was happy because it was all just a dream and I am alive, yes really alive! I could touch and talk to my loved ones again. It made me feel sad and afraid because I thought my life ended just that. It felt incomplete. I lived almost all my life trying to work hard and even harder. But I didn't really live my life as it deserves to be lived. That's why I'm glad that I was given another day to grow old and experience life.

I truly regret the careless times I said "I want to die already" every time I feel life is too hard on me. I didn't even realize that I'm luckier than other people who are struggling to live another day. This dream was literally an eye-opener for me (and I'm glad it did!). I just hope that in this new year, I can gradually live my life, fulfill my purpose, serve others, achieve the dreams of my soul, travel to new places, give more love to my loved ones and most of all give thanks to God for each and every single day he blesses me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment